U. S. Navy, entry-level training for law enforcement officers, i.e. base and shipboard police.
Master-At-Arms and Law Enforcement Specialists learn skills necessary to:
- Perform and conduct investigations, interrogations, apprehensions, and crime prevention techniques.
- Preserve crime scenes and evidence.
- Enforce orders, rules, and regulations.
- Conduct shore patrol and crowd control
- Carry out physical security policy, plans, programs, and perform assessments.
- Recommend enhancements to the physical security of navy bases, installations, property, and personnel.
- Supervise and train security forces in anti-terrorism defense and weapons proficiency.
- Assist commanders in establishing terrorist threat conditions and implementing defensive measures to combat threats.